Design of a website has the ability to improve or ruin the consumer experience. When it comes to website layout or design, 38 percent of people said they would abandon it if it is cluttered and unattractive. Furthermore, over half of respondents (54%) cited website design as the most significant influence on their decision about whether or not to do business with a firm. As a result, we can see that website design is not just a luxury but a necessity for businesses in the e-commerce space.
There are certain best practices which, if followed, can help create an optimal website design that will improve the experience for users and drive conversions.
Some of these include:
– Use of Negative Space: Also known as white space, this is the empty space on a page that allows users to focus on specific content. It helps to break up text and makes it easier to digest.
– Minimalist Design: A minimalist approach to design can help create a clean and modern look that is easy for users to navigate. This style of design uses minimal elements and very little clutter.
– Mobile-Friendly Design: With over 60% of internet traffic coming from mobile devices, it’s important to have a design that is optimized for these users. This includes having a responsive design that adjusts to different screen sizes and utilizing larger font sizes and buttons.
– Use of High-Quality Images: People are visual creatures and respond well to images. Utilizing high-quality, relevant photos can help engage users and convey the message of your brand.
– Simple Navigation: Users should be able to easily navigate your website without getting lost or frustrated. This includes having a clear navigation bar with drop-down menus and consistent button placements.
Following these best practices can help to create an optimal website design that will improve the user experience and lead to higher conversions. Check out wide leg jeans.